LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (March 23, 2006) – SEGA Europe Ltd. & SEGA of America, Inc. today announced that they will be providing SEGA titles as part of the Virtual Console system for Nintendo’s new generation console Nintendo Revolution.
“SEGA continues to develop innovative ways to showcase its new generation leadership,” says Naoya Tsurumi, Chief Executive Officer, SEGA of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe, Ltd. “SEGA’s support of the Virtual Console system will introduce more gamers to classic Genesis hits and reinvigorate many of our popular brands.”
Nintendo’s Virtual Console will allow Revolution owners to download and play classic NES, SNES and Genesis games through the Revolution network. With a game library of more than 1,000 titles for the Genesis, SEGA is planning to provide a “best of” selection for gamers, enabling them to relive their favorite titles.
- SEGA ANNOUNCES SEGA GENESIS COLLECTION FOR PS2 AND PSP
- Wii Hits Yet Another Major Milestone: 100th Classic Game Added to Virtual Console
- Two WiiWare Games and One Virtual Console Game Added to Wii Shop Channel
- NINTENDO AND AOL.COM SEEK THE FIRST CONSUMER TO PLAY REVOLUTION
- Nintendo President Challenges Developers to Create Bold New Games