REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 2 , 2006 – EA SPORTS™ Fantasy Football from Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS), today launched its third season giving team owners the EA SPORTS™ Edge to optimize their lineups and offers fantasy updates in Madden NFL 07.
EA SPORTS Fantasy Football gives fans the desired level of team management capabilities, player insights and enhanced must-have fantasy features such as real-time scoring, professional analysis, online drafts, injury reports, trades, email updates and more. Players of the newest EA SPORTS franchise, NFL Head Coach can test their knowledge of player personnel and talent evaluation with an EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Commissioner account included in the game’s packaging.
“For fantasy football players, EA SPORTS Fantasy Football delivers the most innovative experience on the web, one that no other site can offer” said Chip Lange, Vice President, North American Publishing Online Commerce, EA SPORTS. “EA SPORTS continues its evolution in offering players an immersive online service, with these exclusive features – The EA SPORTS Edge, Weekly Scramble, and Madden Integration.”
EA SPORTS Fantasy Football Features:
· EA SPORTS Edge: Decide which player to start with EA SPORTS Edge – a sliding analyzer tool to optimize a team’s lineup.
· Madden NFL 07: Check fantasy scores, get trade notifications and earn
trophies in Madden NFL 07 – the only video game to offer fantasy capabilities.
· The WarmUp: Discover the lighter side of fantasy football with The WarmUp – a fun take on your favorite NFL players and community happenings for football fanatics.
· EA SPORTS™ MADDEN NFL™ FOOTBALL Standard Cabinet: The top overall scoring team owner will have to make room for this huge prize, all the action and excitement of the #1 selling sports videogame on a 29” hi-res monitor inside a 79.5” tall cabinet.
· EA Video Games: Each league winner (all team owners eligible) will receive an EA game for the Xbox– the official video game platform for EA SPORTS Fantasy Football.
· Autographed Footballs: Your favorite professional players signed footballs.
· Weekly Pick ‘Em Game*: Players have an additional shot at fantasy glory each week with exclusive prizes in a simple game of picking weekly winners.
· Weekly Scramble: Compete in the Weekly Scramble for the ultimate bragging rights by answering questions about top performers in this football trivia game.
* See http://www.easports.com/fantasy/home.jsp for complete contest rules
EA SPORTS Fantasy Football fans can start forming leagues at www.easports.com/fantasy. The commissioner’s cost for this innovative league is $49.99, and each team owner pays $9.99. Madden NFL 07 ships in August 2006. NFL Head Coach is in stores now.
- EA SPORTS FANTASY FOOTBALL DELIVERS INNOVATIVE CONSOLE-BASED TOOLS AND IN GAME INTEGRATION WITH MADDEN NFL 09
- 2K Sports Announces All-Pro Football 2K8 Now Available
- EA SPORTS’ Madden NFL 08 Hits Retail Stores Nationwide
- 2K Sports Announces All-Pro Football 2K8
- NFC SOUTH TEAM AND PLAYER RATINGS REVEALED IN MADDEN NFL 10 SEASON PREVIEW