I just read the news and I’m heartbroken. I really knew nothing about rally racing until I played the Codemasters game and loved it. From what I’ve read, Colin was a great guy, really likable, and very approachable despite his fame. He was piloting a helicopter and crashed. His son died in the crash as well. It’s very sad. I think I’ll stop writing for the day and go play the game as a tribute.
Read the Reuters story.
- Colin McRae Kicks Up DIRT As Genre-Leading Series Goes Next-Gen
- Colin McRae to Return in 2007 with a Sensational Next-Generation Off-Road Racing Experience
- CODEMASTERS + COLIN MCRAE + OFF=ROAD RACING = DiRT
- Witness TOCA Race Driver 3’s Damage Engine In Action With Every Scrape, Crash and Smash
- Capcom COO Mark Beaumont Dies